VIRTUAL STRIDES THE FUTURE’S SO BRIGHT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older as of July 16, 2018. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees, officers and directors of Virtual Strides and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and judges, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes shall commence at 12:00:00 a.m. EST on July 16, 2018 and ends once all ten (10) Winning Sunglasses Medals have been claimed or at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on August 31, 2018, whichever occurs first (“Entry Period”). Prizes must be claimed by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on September 30, 2018. Winning Sunglasses Medals found after September 30, 2018 are invalid. Any Winning Sunglasses Medals not properly redeemed in accordance with the Official Rules by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30, 2018 shall be deemed invalid and of no value. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period:
a. Online Purchase Method: Register for the The Future’s So Bright virtual 5k/10k/Half Marathon via the VirtualStrides.com website. All The Future’s So Bright registrants will receive a sunglasses-shaped medal with folding arms. If the word “WINNER!” and a serial number are engraved on the inside of one of the medal’s arms, the medal will be determined to be a Winning Sunglasses Medal. Medals will be shipped to registrants following Virtual Strides’ standard shipping schedule, located at https://www.virtualstrides.com/faq/when-will-receive-medal/.
b. Mail-In Method: To enter without registering for the The Future’s So Bright virtual 5k/10k/Half Marathon, send a 3” x 5” card or piece of paper handwritten with your name, address, email address and date of birth, in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: The Future’s So Bright Sweepstakes, c/o Virtual Strides, 1900 S Harbor City Blvd, Suite 207, Melbourne, FL 32901. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2018 and received by September 7, 2018 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/household for the entire Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries will be void. Entries generated by script, mechanical, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Potential Mail-In Method winners will be determined by randomly selecting and opening a The Future’s So Bright virtual 5k/10k/Half Marathon medal for each Mail-In Method entry received. If the word “WINNER!” and a serial number are engraved on the inside of one of the medal’s arms, the entry will be deemed a winning entry and the potential winner will be notified via email.
4. PRIZE CLAIMS:
a. Online Purchase Method Winners: If you find a Winning Sunglasses Medal, you must complete and submit the The Future’s So Bright Prize Claim Form found at https://www.virtualstrides.com/winner/ to begin the prize redemption process before 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30, 2018. Each Winning Sunglasses Medal will contain a unique serial number, located on the inside of one of the medal’s arms. Potential winner must provide this serial number to Sponsor for verification in order to claim their prize. Potential winner will also be asked to provide their complete mailing address and a photograph of them with their Winning Sunglasses Medal. If potential winners do not submit the The Future’s So Bright Prize Claim Form by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30, 2018, their prize is forfeited. The submission of a prize claim is solely the responsibility of the participant. Each Winning Sunglasses Medal can be redeemed only once.
b. Mail-In Method Winners: Potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within seven (7) days of Sponsor’s first attempted notification. If a potential winner fails to return all required documentation within the specified time period, does not respond to the initial notification within the time period stated in the email notification, a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited.
5. PRIZES: Ten (10) winners will each receive the The Future’s So Bright Prize: One (1) Virtual Strides medal hanger (18″ wide with 1 hanger bar), one (1) Virtual Strides visor, and a $50 Virtual Strides store credit. The retail value of each The Future’s So Bright prize is $120, excluding shipping charges. Aggregate prize value is $1200.
WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING A PRIZE; SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES. No prize may be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion of prize) is or becomes unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of any prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Unclaimed and unawarded prizes will not be awarded.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. PUBLICITY GRANT: Each winner, by acceptance of prize, grants permission for Sponsor and their respective designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes or redemption, use, or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained after October 1, 2018 by sending a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Future’s So Bright Winners’ List, c/o Virtual Strides, 1900 S Harbor City Blvd, Suite 207, Melbourne, FL 32901. All requests must be received by December 31, 2018.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, mutilated, postage due, undelivered, delayed or misdirected mail, prize claims, or prizes; or for any error or problem of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or winners, any travel or other activities in connection therewith, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are not responsible for entry submissions or other documentation received after the deadline, incomplete information, lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, incomplete transmission defaults or faulty network connections, telephone, computer server/system/software failure of any kind, including those due to human error, and/or delayed garbled or corrupted data. Released Parties are not responsible for errors, whether caused by participants or third parties or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified or banned person. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree and acknowledge to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding, and to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with these Official Rules. You are not a winner until your The Future’s So Bright serial number has been verified and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes materials are automatically void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures or if they are reproduced, mutilated, forged, altered, tampered with, or illegible in any way, if they are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other error. No more than the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, the number of prize claims received exceeds the stated number of prizes, only the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules will be awarded through a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect and valid prize claims received.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and prize providers in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Brevard County, Florida.
SPONSOR: Giant Stride Solutions, Inc. (DBA Virtual Strides), 1900 S Harbor City Blvd, Suite 207, Melbourne, FL 32901